Back on McPvP, we used to have a community on a website called plug.dj which hit over 150 users. Since then, the website shut down, forcing our community to disappear. However, it's returned and I've decided to make another community, on McRPG.
To join, use this link:
What is Plug.DJ?
To put it in short - its a chat room where you can play music to other people and other people can play music to you. To play music, you put together a playlist and join a DJ queue. When its your turn to play a song, the next song in your playlist will automatically play to everyone in the chat.
How do I make an account?
When you first join, you'll be on the site as a guest. To get an account, go through the tutorial (its very small and will explain all the basics to you, so its worth reading it), then click where it tells you and you can make an account.
What are the rules?
Last time, the rules were rather strict and I think that's one of the things that caused our plug to lose users, so they are a lot more lenient this time.
- Only play songs, no trolling with videos.
- You can play songs that are over 7 minutes long, but expect them to get skipped after a few minutes.
- There's almost no chat rules - you can say whatever you want, as long as its not extremely racist or offensive.
- You can play any genre you like!
Breaking these rules can result in you getting muted or banned from the community, depending on how severe it is. Most of the time you should get a warning first. If you think you were unfairly banned, or see a staff member abuse, try to collect as much proof as you can and send it to me either on the forums or Skype.
What do all the staff ranks do?
In Plug.DJ, there are 4 staff ranks:
- Bouncer - They can ban people, mute people, skip songs and delete chat.
- Manager - As well as everything bouncers can do, they can lock the DJ queue, unban people, and promote users to bouncer.
- Co-Host - As well as everything managers can do, they can edit the name/description/welcome message of the plug, and promote people to manager.
- Host - This person can do everything other ranks can do, and promote users to co-host.
If any in-game staff wish to be staff here, PM me on the forums instead of asking me on the plug, so I know for a fact its you.
Who are the staff?
For now, the only staff member who isn't staff in-game is me, but this may change if we need more staff. We currently have 3 staff members -
Thanks for your time, hope to see you on the plug!